In mid-December, the Deputy Commissioner of Hyderabad City Police in India issued a public warning about dishonest education agents:
Please do not believe Fake Educational Consultancies, [or] Mediators/Agents of other state universities who making false promises of providing Education Certificates through [the] back door and back dated from Universities, Colleges without any exams. If anyone [is] involved in illegal activities, they may have to face legal consequences.Rajesh Chandra, (M. Rajesh Chandra, IPS.,) Dy. Commissioner of Police, Central Zone, Hyderabad.
The warning followed the arrest of four people who police allege were “providing fake educational certificates to the needy aspirants and collecting huge amounts from them in the name of [studying] abroad.” Those arrested included a director of Study Affairs International Pvt Ltd in Nampally; and a director of Career Wings Study Consultancy in Malakpet.
The Hyderabad City Police said that it seized fake certificates from the following educational institutions were (the numbers indicate the quantity of fake certificates seized):
- Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu – 33
- Thiruvalluvar University, Tamil Nadu – 10
- Sathyambama University, Tamil Nadu – 15
- CH. Charan Singh University, Merut – 9
- MH State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune – 3
- Periyar University, Salem – 10
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur – 28
- Sikkim State University – 5
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi – 10
- National Institute of Open Schooling, Andhra Pradesh – 1
- National Institute of Open Schooling, Telangana – 1
- National Institute of Open Schooling, Gujarat – 1
Note: the individuals an corporate entities that are the subject of allegations by Hyderabad City Police are entitled to the presumption of innocence.
How are you protecting prospective students against unprofessional or dishonest education agents?
AgentBee’s education agent due diligence solution supports educational institutions to implement best practice education agent due diligence processes.
Educational institutions can use it to:
- do due diligence on education agents – check new agents before agreeing to work with them, and run regular checks on current agents.
- protect your brand – detect cases of unauthorised agents using your institution’s name, logo or other IP without permission.
Liked this post?
Share it now…
Use the buttons on the left to share it with your networks. Thanks!
Get new posts…
Follow AgentBee on Linkedin to get our latest posts on education agents as they drop – (click the icon below)