AgentBee spoke with Elaine Starkey, CEO of Global Study Partners
1. Describe Global Study Partners in a few sentences.
Global Study Partners (GSP) is a two-sided EdTech marketplace for international student recruitment. Free for recruitment partners. GSP enables partners to grow their profitability, size and market share.
As a B2B enabler, GSP empowers small and medium sized education agents to compete more effectively with the larger players in the global market. Our technology platform allows education agents access to nearly 30,000 courses and 500 reputable institutions globally. We provide this service free of charge to help education agents grow and do not compete with our education agent partners to recruit students.
2. How does Global Study Partners help students?
As a B2B enabler, GSP does not directly recruit international students instead we seek to enable our education agent partners to provide a quality range of services. This is achieved through use of our Version 2.0 GSP student recruitment platform. The platform offers unparalleled access to institutional course stock and the ability to maintain vital recruitment operations through the easy to use enrolment wizard function. The solution also includes a unique course search, find, compare and shortlist function and is effective for remote and/or mobile student counselling and enrolment processing.
3. What role do agent partners / sub-agents play in your business strategy?
GSP has recast the traditional international student recruitment model into one that is more collaborative, more integrated, more business-focused, more comprehensive, and more intimate. It is a shared risk model for our agent partners, offered without cost, where we focus our digital offerings to create competitive advantages for our education agent and institutional partners.
For our education agent partners, our Version 2.0 GSP student recruitment platform, offers unparalleled access to institutional course stock and the ability to maintain vital recruitment operations through the easy to use enrolment wizard function. The solution also includes a unique course search, find, compare and shortlist function and is effective for remote and/or mobile student counselling and enrolment processing.
4. What are the benefits for agents who work with GSP as a partner / sub-agent?
Through our platform, application processing and additional services, GSP solves the problems of connectedness and choice for our education agent partners providing:
- GSP V2.0 – A cloud-based technology platform for student recruitment: Founded on the digital disruption approach in 2017, GSP has been enabling its partners to embrace the digital transformation journey for several years. More recently though, global lockdowns and social distancing requirements are driving immediate demand for our ready-to-use platform to maintain vital recruitment operations in the international education sector.
- A Shared Risk Business Model: Our shared-risk approach removes the traditional barrier of cost to international student recruitment. Our revenue depends on our partner’s success in meeting pre-agreed business metrics and using the GSP student recruitment platform. Moreover, through our innovative engagement methodologies we reduce costs because our supply and demand chain can be more effectively aggregated, integrated, and managed.
- A series of forward innovations for our partners. We work as an aggregator of services that allows you to access a range of additional services including international virtual internships for student applicants, online learning and digital student services.
5. What are you looking for in a new agent partner / sub-agent?
Our shared-risk approach removes the traditional barrier of access to quality institutions for our education partners. But we need to find genuine partners to embrace the GSP service. Their willingness to adopt the platform provided and commit to sending quality applications and the associated student documentation is key. Learning about the course offerings and wide range of GSP institutions is also essential. GSP supports this by providing active digital engagement through webinars offered by our institutional partners. The combination of these will move our education partners purposefully forward in support international student recruitment.